Dec 6, 2012
To paraphrase Jon's list of 5 "crazy ideas":
- Don't track bugs; just fix them
- Delete all bugs in your backlog that you can't fix immediately
- All newly reported bugs are either rejected or fixed immediately
- Automated tests are created for each new bug
- Set WIP limit for bugs (eg. 20 total)
Ten years ago I would have scoffed at the idea of not tracking bugs and deleting the bug backlog, but today, I can see this as a realistic possibility. In fact, this isn't far from how my current team operates today. So what's stopping me from going all in? Guts?